Thursday, July 06, 2006

More....

Sorry everyone....

I have been delinquent lately.

Caught up in power dynamics of all things...:) Very distracting from doing the things you want.

Have been focused on trying to implement strategies of compassion rather than power. However the strategies are hard to create. Everyone I talk to says - "Use power" - "Be tough." "Let 'em have it." But I know power and I know in the end it will only hurt me.

I am trying hard to find a way that I can actually use my awareness of their needs to help them. That uis the thing I should figure out and write a book about.

"How to exit power dynmaics with techniques of compassion."

I am coming to the conclusion that sometimes there is no willingness to accept compassion from someone you see as an enemy.

Like the Tao says - there is nothing worse than having an enemy. To have an enemy is to be an enemy.

They see me as an enemy. Don't think I can change that.

Now the question is - can I use power to create a stalemate or do I actually have to use power to the end of this dynamic. I already know it will never end.

Not sure what the lesson is.

Ahhhh - sorry just venting....

Anyway I haven't forgotten about you or this work so I will try to get back at it soon.

Thanks for your patience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Les,

you know as well as I do that to escape power through compassion is not the ojective; for compassion IS true power.

I ask you though, can compassion be strategised?...for if it is, is that truly compassion?

...how was this dynamic created?...and why do you want out of it so badly?

anyways, glad to see you're back!

GR


"Any ordinary favor we do for someone or any compassionate reaching out may seem to be going nowhere at first, but may be planting a seed we can't see right now. Sometimes we need to just do the best we can and then trust in an unfolding we can't design or ordain."
Sharon Salzberg,