Monday, July 18, 2005

Gen "Y"... Bother?

Check out the link in the name of the post..


You asked...?

"Y" did you ask...?

Because deep within you there is hope and desire and you need to release it.

So here is my answer.

Y

I am Disengaged.

I want to be unique and understood.

Existing labels and world directions don't fit me. Our lives are defined for us and we wonder what we can do about it. We wonder- why try to do anything about?

Xbox and movies look so good. Better than my life. Unless, of course, I drop a little ecstacy...

Let Me Be Numb - I don't like to think about this crap.

Things in this world are bigger, better, hotter, faster, tastier, sexier and still not really enough to make me happy or motivate me to do anything about it.

Sound familiar.

AIDS, Terrorism, World Wide War, Globalization, New World Order

All things are in motion - corporations, governments, people with power - and there is nothing to be done about them. If there is something to be done about them, it needs to be done by someone else - maybe government. Maybe parents. Maybe God.

But what the hell can I do?

I am only one person... and me and my friends don't even talk about this stuff.

We talk all the time though. We have cell phones and four kinds of IM and text messages. We see each other in the morning by 8 and we stay in touch till we crash at midnight. Then get up and do it all again. We talk all the time about the same things over and over. Never about change, cause things don't change - do they? They have always been this way.

All that history shit is behind us. It's just history.

There are too many people who have control.

We are told to let other people worry about it. We are told to go to school - sports - dance clubs - whatever...as long as we stay out of the way. When we do stay out of the way, we get stuff - lots of stuff - tons of stuff - so much stuff I have no idea what I have...anyway - I have what I want and I hope nothing really horrible comes down. I couldn't handle it.

Really dude, why bother?

Because the world is no less yours than anyone elses and everybody up to this point has fucked it up good. It's your turn. :)

Difference is - you are probably smarter and have more resources than anyone before you. You could probably fix it if you really wanted to.

But you have forgotten that.

You have forgotten that you have as much power as anyone ever had. More really. But you don't see it.

But here it is.

Here is your course on having power.

Hope you do it better than those before you.

"Y" Bother?

Cause it's yours now - and you can't make it any worse can you?

No comments: