Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wag the Dog


We are celebrating Charlie's birthday tonight - he is 13 and that is one incredibly powerful age:).

Although I am compelled to blog about all of the infuriating and humourous dynamics popping up in our election - Green Party status in the debates, Harper's promise to save you tax money only after he gets his majority and four years to reduce the deficit, the eventual ganging up of all the leaders against the others - I have to admit that I am just as compelled to go watch tv with Charlie and tell him how happy it makes me that he was born and that I am proud of the person he is becoming.

So I know you will forgive me if I offer you a great movie all about the way politicians try to control the story the press carries - and how willing the press is to pass on canned information rather than investigate and report.

Instead of reading my blog tonight - though I thank you for your interest and hope you come by tomorrow - why don't you watch Wag the Dog and have a laugh at our crazy society obsessed with the games of power.

While you watch it, sit beside someone you love and scratch their back a little. Do it not for some future reward but just because you love them.

Needs and abilities don't always have to add up to power. When you use your abilities out of love rather than with the intention to satisfy your personal needs you will discover the opposite of power.

Compassion.

Have a good night:)

.

No comments: