Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Power of Spring

Life is more than just intense questions and interpersonal dynamics.

I was reminded of this early this morning....

Early this morning it was clear to me that we finally have spring.

At long last....but for how long...?

Spring is so short. In this land we go from cold and wet to hot and humid in a couple of weeks.

But spring needs to be appreciated.

It must be something special because we all notice it.

In the spring I like to remember the power of the earth. All things come from the earth. It is the origin of everything truly powerful.

Enjoy this spring day.

Les

Some thoughts......

Anne Bradstreet: If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.

Edna St. Vincent Millay: April comes like an idiot, babbling and strewing flowers.

Helen Hayes: All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar.

Margaret Atwood: In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.

Matthew Arnold: Is it so small a thing To have enjoy'd the sun, To have lived light in the spring, To have loved, to have thought, to have done...

Robert Frost: Oh, give us pleasure in the flowers today;And give us not to think so far awayAs the uncertain harvest; keep us hereAll simply in the springing of the year.

William Wordsworth: Written in Early Spring
I heard a thousand blended notes While in a grove I sate reclined, In that sweet mood when pleasant thoughts Bring sad thoughts to the mind.
To her fair works did Nature linkThe human soul that through me ran; And much it grieved my heart to think What Man has made of Man.

No comments: