Friday, March 03, 2006

Subject once again....

I am in the midst of trying to find the right literary agent and/or publisher for the On Having Power books.

I am reluctant to send the material to just anyone.

I think those of you reading this agree that the potential for these ideas is significant.

The potential for abuse is just as significant.

Just like the answers I get when I ask my students - Is power a good thing or a bad thing?

What I want to do with this book has the same answer...it depends.

Up to this point I have felt that I need an agent that understands the implications and the possibilities.

I too have the fears of making a mistake and of being misunderstood and rejected.

I was discussing these with Frank yesterday. He is ademant that these ideas get out there. His view is simple - this stuff changes lives. It affects your mind and your relationships on an everyday level.

I appreciate his support and commitment.

But as I have researched about 35 literary agents and about 15 publishers I am concerned that they miss the point and the potential.

Anyway yesterday while surfing around I stumbled upon an agent that seems to understand about the business and joy of ideas. Life changing ideas are a business that should be maximized and yet, to be worth all the trouble and money, they must have practical positive meaning. They should lead to increased joy in one's life.

Getting out there and sharing these ideas is my quest. But doing it in a way that positively changes lives is the purpose.

So today I sent this guy my stuff.

He has power over me because he seems to have what I have been seeking.

I submit.

But at least I know I do.

No comments: